Monday, January 26, 2009

Illuminated Objects ; 5 Meaningful Artifacts That Represent Me

 These five artifacts play important parts in my life. 
In the bottom left corner, I chose to draw a necklace that I received as a gift from my grandfather for my confirmation. This necklace is not only gorgeous, but it represents the feeling of love that he showed for me, though my grandfather never said I love you.


Above the necklace, I chose to draw a pencil. A pencil could be representational of anything, but for me, it represents creativity. Not only do I enjoy drawing, but I also love to write; short stories, poems, songs, anything. This pencil has taken part in my past, and will continue to play a role in my life to my graduation, and even afterward in my career.

I chose to draw a CD because I love music. Before I wanted to be an interior architect, my life aspiration was to be a singer. I've learned how to play four instruments (piano, flute, clarinet, and guitar) as well as read music. Though I love to sing, I also love to listen. My range of music interests vary from country, to showtunes, to rap, to any type of music out there. The only music I can't stand is bluegrass (and I go to school in the south...). 

On the right page, a teddy bear infests the page. I've been attached to this teddy bear since birth. It was my first gift ever from my parents, and it doesn't leave my bed. Sure, it's tattered and ripped and has no eyes, but it's a safety thing for me. I feel comfortable anywhere with it.

Last but not least, I drew my pearl earrings. The only time I ever take these earrings out is to sleep (the ends try to punch holes in my neck while I sleep). Pearls are my trademark. Now these earrings are not real, but it's the style of them that does it for me. I've always been kind of preppy (I learned that from boarding school), so they have come with me. I also refuse to wear "dangly" earrings because they make me look like I'm trying too hard. So studs are my thing, an they're usually pearl studs, not to mention, they're huge.

No comments: