Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 3: Interior Details

For Day 3, we were asked to draw three different interior details, using the viewfinder, as well as different techniques. I chose to draw a brick wall, a pipe (sorry about the quality of the first picture, it was too light to show up on the scanner), and the corner of a room.

I think there are many different things that are interesting about each of these drawings. For example, when I was drawing the brick wall (the middle picture) I tried to play around with line, and it actually came out really cool-looking. It's obvious that it is part of a brick structure. For the pipe, I wanted to try and improve my contour lines, so I decided to draw the pipe using line, and it's amazing how much shade and texture you can get from it. Overall, though, I loved the corner. I don't have any idea why, but I just absolutely loved it. Maybe it has something to do with my interest in perspective drawing. But I saw the corner, and I was like "oh my goodness, I cannot wait to draw that." My favorite picture was the last one, in which I shaded. I also used this to model my next big drawing.

No comments: