Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dialog.



We've been asked to create two spaces which have a dialog, with the same materials as our unity project. These two sketchmodels were just some ideas that I had in mind.

When I looked up the definition for dialog, I came across these two definitions- Dialog (as a noun): an exchange of ideas or opinions; Dialog (as a verb): to discuss areas of disagreement. For the first sketchmodel, I wanted to give a dialog to two contrasted shapes. I planned on unifying them by putting the triangular shape inside of the circular one. For the second sketchmodel, I wanted to put two of those stars next to eachother and create a connection with the skewers.

Both models were unsuccessful. For the circular one, I did not have skewers that were big enough to go from one end of the circle to the other. When I poked skewers through the stars, they completely lost their shape and therefore looked ugly.

No comments: