Sunday, October 5, 2008

Unity Project: Idea #1


This was my first idea for this unity project. I wanted to play with the negative space. At first, I tried to curve the cards in certain ways and believe me, I did not expect this to be the end result. But as I was playing with the cards and gluing them, I had an idea to fold them and see what I could do. Then I found myself poking the skewers through the cards and I came up with this. In this model, there are 3 layers of 4 cards glued together with rubber cement. The top and bottom layer has one horizontal skewer poking through it, and the middle layer has two horizontal skewers. The two photos that you see of the top and front of the model was the original model. However, after our critique, I realized that the model could actually be pushed to the side and stand on its own, so I decided to stick with the movement of that.



No comments: