Tuesday, September 2, 2008

5 things you could find in my purse

AUGUST 31, 2008

Sitting in Brittany's room over labor-day weekend, this was the only work I had left to do. However, I had not brought a purse, so I grabbed some stuff from my overnight bag, and Brittany gave me some of her stuff from her purse, and I played with the objects. I attempted to draw my phone, but it was too curvy around the edges and I couldn't get it to look right. I also had no patience, because the first thing I drew was the Orbit Gum. It took me about 45 minutes to draw that one thing. That was when I decided I'd need objects requiring less detail.

I tried to mix up the objects a bit instead of focusing on just makeup, or just food (yes I could have made one of just food). I also tried to play around with the angles of the objects to make them look more interesting, as they'd be boring if they were straight on the page. I think this assignment was my favorite so far.

No comments: