Thursday, September 11, 2008

Layout after First Critique

In the top half of this sketchbook page, I decided to draw out the windpipe that I intended on making. I wanted to switch my twigs to bamboo to create a more international feel, and I wanted to weave leather through it to bind it. If i decided to use a paper background, I would weave the leather. But if I didn't use a paper background, I would weave with paper. I would make the weaves different and switch rhythms every time I started a new weave.

In  the bottom half, I was focusing more on my forest idea. I would play with angles and elevations of the base to create a composition. I would need to clean up the holes and use a different base that would better display shadow and reflect light. In order to better convey my idea to exclude the one twig without any branches, I would need to place it further from the group of twigs and make it more obvious.

No comments: